Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Ultimate Fusion Poutine

You've probably heard of Italian poutine where gravy is replaced by spaghetti sauce. How about Greek poutine with feta replacing curds? I figured why not try poutine latkes. Richard whipped up a batch...


...and we got some poutine sauce in a can...


...and heated it up and poured it on some hot latkes.


Then we topped it with oh-so-fresh-squeaky curds. And then repeated with another layer of all three ingredients.


And the final creation? It was absolutely fantastic! Everyone gave it a 5 out of 5 curd rating.


Richard even tried the last morsel with a dollop of sour cream. Okay, so the sour cream was low fat. Does that count?

7 comments:

Knatolee said...

Richard was totally over-the-top with the sour cream! BUt wow, that was low-fat? It was so good!

I give it 10 very squeaky curds out of five, if such a thing is possible.

Claude said...

WOW! I'm so glad Knatolee mentioned the feast you served at your home. There's a place (SouthSt.Burger Co.) near my apt. (in Toronto) where I get Poutine once a week. But there's never enough sauce and cheese curd....I finally found a can (Selection:Poutine). Now I'll get the cheese and the fries, and invite two friends to share. I'll also try any recipe you post here. Thanks a lot! I'm French Canadian from Montreal. I've been really nostalgic, in my old age, for poutine. you're an answer to prayers :-)

Marcia said...

That's my sister, the Queen of Poutine!

Jack D'Mestiere said...

I believe this is called "Futine". pronounced foo-tine.

I want a franchise.

Jack D'Mestiere said...

Wait, that's foo-tin.

Simply Life said...

oh wow! this looks wonderful!

Ronna said...

Thanks Vincent for the invitation. I'm very happy to be on the petitchef.com website!