Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Ultimate Fusion Poutine

You've probably heard of Italian poutine where gravy is replaced by spaghetti sauce. How about Greek poutine with feta replacing curds? I figured why not try poutine latkes. Richard whipped up a batch...


...and we got some poutine sauce in a can...


...and heated it up and poured it on some hot latkes.


Then we topped it with oh-so-fresh-squeaky curds. And then repeated with another layer of all three ingredients.


And the final creation? It was absolutely fantastic! Everyone gave it a 5 out of 5 curd rating.


Richard even tried the last morsel with a dollop of sour cream. Okay, so the sour cream was low fat. Does that count?

8 comments:

Knatolee said...

Richard was totally over-the-top with the sour cream! BUt wow, that was low-fat? It was so good!

I give it 10 very squeaky curds out of five, if such a thing is possible.

Claudia said...

WOW! I'm so glad Knatolee mentioned the feast you served at your home. There's a place (SouthSt.Burger Co.) near my apt. (in Toronto) where I get Poutine once a week. But there's never enough sauce and cheese curd....I finally found a can (Selection:Poutine). Now I'll get the cheese and the fries, and invite two friends to share. I'll also try any recipe you post here. Thanks a lot! I'm French Canadian from Montreal. I've been really nostalgic, in my old age, for poutine. you're an answer to prayers :-)

Marcia said...

That's my sister, the Queen of Poutine!

Jack D'Mestiere said...

I believe this is called "Futine". pronounced foo-tine.

I want a franchise.

Jack D'Mestiere said...

Wait, that's foo-tin.

Simply Life said...

oh wow! this looks wonderful!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Ronna said...

Thanks Vincent for the invitation. I'm very happy to be on the petitchef.com website!