Sunday, March 14, 2010

Goodies Restaurant

I checked out Goodies, a greasy-spoon restaurant in Hawkesbury and was pleasantly surprised.


First off, they had a section of the menu devoted entirely to poutine. I could have chosen the "all-dressed" version offering sausages, green pepper, mushrooms and cheese (plus gravy) on the fries.


I love to see an open kitchen that's busy and the orders flying out of there fast and furious. You know your food is going to be served hot and fresh.


And it was. I ordered a standard poutine served with delicious, chicken-based gravy which was hot. The curds were extra squeaky. The fries were good. I told Richard it tasted like eating in the heat of summer, sitting at a chip stand by the side of the road.


Overall an excellent poutine. I gave it a 4.5 out of a possible 5 curds. Very close to poutine perfection.

Goodies Restaurant, 55 Main Street West Hawkesbury, ON K6A 2H3
Phone:613-632-3555

3 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

I'm glad you finally made it out there. So glad you enjoyed it. So many more variations to try too.

Marcia said...

Looks like an incredibly clean and neat place! The poutine looks good, too.

Knatolee said...

I will have to check that place out. The fries look yum!