Friday, February 12, 2010

Canned Poutine Sauce

I was at my local Your Independent grocery store and noticed that there's a choice of poutine sauces for the next time you make poutine at home.


I've tried the St. Hubert brand and it's pretty good. And this week it was on sale.


This one is by Cordon Bleu. Sound very high end and odd to me...Cordon Bleu poutine? Kind of an oxymoron.


I noticed there's a version of poutine sauce carried by the in-store brand's No Name label. Very cheaply priced too. Anyone out there tried any of these? If so, please leave a comment.

6 comments:

Jack D'Mestiere said...

When I'm in the Saguenaay, I'm a fan of St. Hubert, myself.The food's not great, but you have to love the little bird.

Knatolee said...

Time for a blind taste test!

Unknown said...

I usually buy it in packets, so you can control thickness when preparing. I find the cans are too runny

Unknown said...

My Canadian relatives go on and on about how good st hubert poutine sauce is. What type of food to you cook it with. I'm still a little confused.

Anonymous said...

I know this is two years later but I had to say it... I make my own poutine maybe once a month for the past 7 or 8 years... I have tried every powdered or canned sauce I could find. For the longest time st-hubert powdered was my favorite, but since I tried noname it is hands down, without any contenders the best sauce ever for poutine.

Unknown said...

We have tried the no name brand once and will definitely but it again. It has that pouting flavor I enjoy.