Sunday, December 10, 2017

Northern Soul Christmas poutine

My friend Jennifer from Prescott, Ontario sent in this review. Thanks Jen!


Northern Soul is at it again with its "Holiday Poutine" in time for the Christmas season. We were able to try it out Thanksgiving weekend. 

It is a very generous serving and good from the first bite to the last. I very much enjoyed the added cranberry sauce and turkey to a traditional poutine.  Reminded me of the Madame Benoit recipe for Leftover Turkey Casserole my mom used to make after every holiday meal. Years later my own children, now men, still call it "mush" where all the components of a Christmas dinner become a one pot or casserole meal.  Comfort food at its best.  This is the same.
The picture of the complete poutine is from the Northern Soul ad on Facebook. The second picture is from when we paused a moment to catch our breath and I grabbed a shot before it was completely gone!


If you find yourself out this way, it is worth the trip to enjoy the food at Northern Soul. They have great ribs and a number of different poutine to choose from.  I hope you bring a friend along to share with. You won't be disappointed.

Northern Soul BBQ, 169 Lake St., Mallorytown, ON K0E 1R0
Phone: 613-923-2111

No comments: