Sunday, December 23, 2012

Jack's Pub

I've always wanted to try Jack's Pub in Williamstown...

 ...so a few of us headed over there to have a Sunday lunch.


We ordered a large to share for the table as a starter.


And we all tasted it. Overall, the fries were amongst the crispiest and best I had ever tasted.

 The curds were plentiful and the gravy yummy.


 I immediately pronounced it a five out of a possible five curds. Two of my companions said that it was a 4.5 out of five because the curds were cold and didn't melt quickly enough. The third companion said a 4 because he thought the gravy wasn't hot enough. My, my!
In the end, we all agreed it was a delicious plate of poutine, well worth revisiting and settled on a solid  rating of 4.5 curds out of five. Well done Jack's!

Jack's Pub, 19700 John St., Williamstown, ON K0C 2J0
Phone: 613-347-3475

2 comments:

Knatolee said...

And now I'm craving poutine again...

Mark said...

Melted cheese curds are a sign the cheese curds are not fresh. completely unmelted and squeaky cheese curds are 10/10 and fully melted cheese that blends into the gravy too much is a 0/10. some people's preference is to have some meltiness, but they haven't likely experienced proper poutine if that is the case.