Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tony's Fish and Chips

Another review from our intrepid poutine reviewer Jen, from Prescott, Ontario.

I picked up some fish at Tony's Fish and Chips last week. They do fish well and we also enjoy their jalapeno bottle caps.  However, the big sign in the window said "Bacon double cheeseburger Poutine."  Well, I figured it would be interesting to rate such a thing so I took the plunge.  
It wasn't cheap at around $7. 
As I watched it being assembled I was a little horrified that not one but three scoopfuls of thick beef gravy were poured on top, along with a mixture of hamburger and ground beef.  
So, I brought it home to see what everyone would think and basically the fries were all mushy due to the excessive quantity of gravy which was too salty and thick. There were not not enough curds for the amount of fries either. We all had one bite and left it at that.  
I'm afraid it only rated one out of five curds and at that I simply do not recommend it for human consumption. 
Enjoy their fish and leave the poutine behind. Nope, don't even consider it, really!

Tony's Fish and Chips, 286 King St. W., Prescott, Ontario K0E 1T0
Tel. 613-925-4751

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Good lord! That looks like poutine soup. Not appealing!!