Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Frankie's Awesome Fries

We were driving around in Ottawa looking for a quick lunch and at the corner of Blair and Ogilvie we spotted Frankie's Awesome Fries chip truck...


...so we had to give it a try.


We ordered a poutine. I mean, what else were we gonna order?


I was happy to see they were using local St. Albert curds. I love 'em!


The owners of Frankie's, Marjorie and Bahjat sure know their potatoes. They used to have a business selling them across Eastern Ontario. Now they're concentrating on their chip truck.


And man, was it good! The curds were fresh, the fries still had their skin on and the gravy was hot and not too salty (always a plus!).


Marjorie told me their gravy was from scratch and you could tell. Yummy!


I especially loved it because I enjoyed it with a Dr. Pepper, usually difficult to find at a chip stand in Eastern Ontario. I considered this almost a cross-cultural food day.


All in all, Richard gave it a 4.5 out of 5 curds. I was tending towards a perfect score of 5. I mean, where can you get a fabulous poutine, fresh as anything and have it with a Dr. Pepper? As advertised, Frankie's fries really are "awesome."

Frankie's Awesome Fries, 2010 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa, ON K1J 8X3
Phone: 613-741-1011

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I never give a perfect score.
But this could easily compete with anything we tasted in Drummondville..

Marcia said...

My invitation to join you for poutine must have gotten lost in the mail...

NightSlasher1 said...

That one looks damn good!

Knatolee said...

And the fries look GREAT!!

Anthony said...

This is where I'll go when I'll be around Ottawa!

Melissa said...

YAY! Marjorie is my mom. I miss her and poutine. :(